*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Monday, September 3, 2012

"Eden's Root" by Rachel E. Fisher

I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed Eden's Root by Rachel E. Fisher.  I'm not really the target audience for this novel but it was really interesting.  Granted, it did take awhile for the story to get going and I felt that ending was a bit drawn out, the majority of the novel was pretty awesome.

Set in the future, Eden's Root follows Fi Kelly as she learns that the food her family and the rest of the world has been consuming is slowly killing them- and is running out.  When her father (who is dying from the Sickness) informs her of the likely future of the planet, Fi begins to plan for the moment when everything will change.  Even though she is young, it will be up to her to lead her Family to the safety of Eden.  When the military begins to take over their town's resources Fi and her family sneak into the forest and begin a journey that will change all of them.  The responsibility of feeding and caring for the Family rests on Fi's shoulders, with the help of her best friend and almost brother, Sean.  Together the two begin to raid cities on their journey to provide for the Family.  They face overwhelming obstacles on their mission to reach the safety of Eden.

This novel has a little bit of everything.  It's a dystopian that contains very realistic elements, action, a little bit of romance and a very intriguing story.  I felt like I was reading a novel that could actually happen in real life. I am definitely going to be reading the sequel, Seeds of War.  I can easily recommend this book to fans of dystopian novels.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...