*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, January 6, 2012

"Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble" D. Robert Pease

This book was a bit too much science fictiony for me, but it was still an enjoyable read. Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble by  D. Robert Pease tells the story of Noah, a member of the only family allowed to travel through time.  Their mission is to go back in time and collect two of each animal in their ARC (a rather impressive space ship) in hopes of repopulating earth with an animal kingdom in the future.  But of course, an evil mastermind has a plan to stop the Zarc family from succeeding.  This book takes the reader everywhere- the ice age where we meet an awesome cave girl, to a city on the planet Mars, to Earth in a thousand years from now.  Noah Zarc presents an interesting new spin on the theory of time travel.

Though the book doesn't meet my usual taste in what I read, I still felt myself caught up in this strange world.  This is a great book for middle grade boys who just can't get enough of futuristic reads or those interested in a bit of history- it has some of both!  It seems that books set in the future are going to be a trend in youth literature for awhile- I can't wait to read more!

Check out Pease on TwitterFacebook and on Goodreads.



My interview with D. Robert Pease!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. I'm glad you found something you liked even though sci-fi isn't your thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any word on when we can expect "Noah Zarc: Cataclysm?"

    -Melly

    ReplyDelete
  3. No specific date yet. I'm about 75% done with the first draft. Then editing. All I'm promising is 2012. I will say, I'm pretty excited about it thus far though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...