*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day #1

I'm well on my way with my first NaNoWriMo attempt.  I'm currently at 2300 words (over my personal goal of 1700 words for today) and still going.  If you were to take a peak in my window (which I would find very creepy, just saying) you would see an extremely tired twenty-something girl in leopard print pj bottoms and a Bedrocks City Rocks sweatshirt consuming soda to help me stay awake while I try to find a stopping place so that I can go to bed (work tomorrow).  I may very easily up my goal to 2000 words per day with a higher goal for weekends/days I don't have to work.  Considering I'll have a few days off for Thanksgiving, I feel like this may really be possible.  And I might even get a book review or two done in the midst of this.

I am extremely happy that I have the support of my awesome boyfriend for this.  I think I would have done the same thing as in the past; had too many doubts about the project and lack of ideas and end up quitting before I even started if it weren't for his encouragement.  However, I am already questioning my story and have a feeling that the audience I am writing for will change-therefore changing the entire story, but I am okay with that.  Even if I just get some solid plot and character ideas out of this, I will be happy.

Sorry if this blog rambles and doesn't quite make sense.  NaNoWriMo will do that to a girl.

Happy Writing!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...