*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Triangles" By Ellen Hopkins

*Note, I will be attempting my first NaNoWriMo this month.  I may not be posting much during November.  I will do my best to keep up though!


Ellen Hopkins has written yet another wonderful book!  As usual, I danced around happily when I got a copy and had a very difficult time putting it down.  It was interesting to read a book by Hopkins that was not narrated by teenagers.  As you may know, Triangles is the story of three middle-aged women, each one entering a very trying time in her life.  All are struggling with their current relationship (or lack thereof) as well as the ups and down of motherhood.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I am interested to know what other readers thought.  Did you pick up Triangles because you too are an Ellen Hopkins fan?  Or is this your first by her?  What led you to read it and what did you think?

I have come across most of my favorite authors once they have published multiple titles and don't really get to see how their writing progresses.  It has been fascinating to read each of Hopkins' novels and see how her writing evolves and how her characters just keep becoming stronger and more impactful.  Now I begin the painfully slow process of waiting for the next book by Hopkins (sequel to Triangles in 2012!).

Triangles marks the end of books I am anxiously waiting for this year (there are still books I want to read, but none that I am obsessing over).  Hopefully this means I can start to make a dent in the pile of other books I want to read!

Check out Ellen on LiveJournalTwitter, and Facebook!

Happy Reading (and Happy Halloween)!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...