*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day #2

So far so good!  I set a goal of 5000 total words today and called it quits for the night at 5064 words!  I'd do a happy dance, but I'm a bit too tired.  Thank goodness for coffee and generic Mountain Dew!  I almost changed  my story this morning.  I took my two characters (college age) and re-wrote a scene where they were about third grade age.  It was amusing but I realized that I didn't have anywhere for the story to go.  I think that I will hold onto the piece however, it was fun to write and I think it would be fun to develop these characters into a book for young readers, or at least a short story!  Either way, both pieces will involve a scene featuring pancakes.  Chocolate chip pancakes!





"All great art comes from a sense of outrage."
-Glenn Close


As I've been writing, I'm realizing how much certain people in my life have influenced this story.  I'm still not sure where it is going, but I have begun to develop a plot line that addresses some drama that was in my life this past year.  I am very curious to see where this will take my characters!


Are there any other NaNoWriMo-ers out there?  How are your progressing?  Any of you just writing whatever comes to mind or have you plotted out your story (I haven't plotted mine).  Feel free to add me as a writing buddy!


Happy Writing!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...