*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"My Cat, The Silliest Cat in the World" written and illustrated by Gilles Bachelet

Kids will get a kick out of this book! The narrator is a little confused and doesn't realize that the pet cat is actually a pet elephant. The silly cat enjoys nothing more than eating and sleeping and eating, but sometimes the cat just can't avoid getting into trouble. Kids will delight in the craziness as we find out that the cat does not land on it's feet and sometimes has issues aiming correctly for the little box. This is a great book to share and ask kids questions about the story (what's going on in the picture, and that sort of thing).

I read some reviews that complained because the narrator never realizes that their cat is actually an elephant, but I thought that was part of the fun with this book. We know from the cover that the cat is likely not a a cat at all so I think the reader should just have fun with this book and not over analyze a children's picture book. My Cat, The Silliest Cat in the World is such a fun read and I look forward to reading When the Silliest Cat was Small and any other books that might come out.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...