*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

"Dad is Fat" by Jim Gaffigan

My favorite thing about this book is that it didn't feel like I was merely reading a transcript of one of Gaffigan's shows.  Many books like this tend to just be a rehashing of stories that we are already familiar with (though it is very possible that I just haven't heard these particular stories.  Feel free to correct me in the comments).

Dad is Fat tells Jim's story of what it is like to be a father of five, with a comical twist.  Ever wonder how a family of seven shares a tiny apartment in NYC?  Curious what it's like to shuffle kids from to various schools and events?  Heck, just curious about the title?  Then this is the book for you.  While I didn't enjoy this book as much as Beyond the Pale (I think I prefer Gaffigan's verbal delivery over written), this book is a lot of laughs and is a must read for any fan of Gaffigan's work (it's also clean humor, for those that are interested).



Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...