*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Raven" by Suzy Turner

The first book I read on my new Kindle!!

A great fantasy story for fans of the Twilight saga.  Lilly is growing up in a repressed world.  She doesn't realized that her classmates receive gifts on their birthday, eat non-straight-from-the-can dinners, and have parents that show love for their children.  Every day is exactly the same.  The only bright spot is when she is spending time at school with her best (and only friend), December.  It isn't until Lilly's parents mysteriously vanish does Lilly begin to realize how strange her life has been.

Her life is turned upside down (though not in a completely bad way) when she is sent to live in Canada with family that she never knew she had.  Lilly begins to discover secrets about her family and secrets about herself.  She also finds out that this is not the first time family members have suddenly gone missing.

Though I haven't read it, I suspect that fans of Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush Hush will also enjoy Suzy Turner's Raven.  From what I have heard, I think they are somewhat similar.  I am not really a fan of fantasy (I may have said this before) but I enjoyed Raven and found it to be an easy and enjoyable read.  If you enjoy reading about vampires, people that transform into animals and vials of blood, then this is a book for you!



Visit Suzy on: Twitter, Facebook, and Blogspot!
And check out the sequel, December Moon!




Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...