*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

"I Love Baby Animals" by David Chuka

This book is cute, but I am not sure it is worth the price. It's formatted so that on one page it says "a baby insert-name-of-animal-here is called a..." with the name on the following page followed by a bit of trivia about said animal. This is fine, but it just didn't really engage me. The facts presented were a little bland and a lot of them came across like it was just general knowledge, not something that involved any research. I realize that I Love Baby Animals is geared for little ones, but I think I still would have liked a little more effort. The style was interesting. The pictures alternate between illustrations of the adult animal and photos of the baby which I think could be very interesting to point out to kiddos. I remember going to the zoo as a kid, but the majority of the animals I got to see in person were adults so having a place to see baby animals is a great idea (and what little kid doesn't love babies?). But despite this, I just don't see kids being very engaged in this books. Really young kids won't care as much about the information presented and I think older kids will want more information than the book actually provides.

Personally, I don't recommend this book. I read it on the kindle and feel that there are some much better animal books out there. However, if you are looking for some relatively cheap kid books, go ahead and take a look at this one, but I do suggest checking out the "Click to Look Inside!" option before buying.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...