*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, February 14, 2014

"Article 5" by Kristen Simmons

http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1306520962l/10677277.jpg
This book is quite the page turner! I've seen it on lists of "If you like The Hunger Games try..." and I can certainly see why (though I liked this book quite a bit more than the first Hunger Games book, and that's saying something). It's been three years since the war. Ember remembers what it was like before the Moral Statutes, before the arrests, before she had to protect her mother. But even though she has become used to the way the world now functions, nothing can prepare her for the day when soldiers arrive at her door and arrest her mother and Ember is sent to a rehabilitation facility. From that moment, her only mission on life is to be reunited with her mother, no matter what it takes. Soon she embarks on a journey with the one person she has to trust yet the one person who could ruin everything, the boy she loves and the boy that helped arrest her mother, Chase.
I just had to know what happened in this book. After reading the inside jacket, I was surprised that it mostly summarized the first chapter, but I 
really appreciated this. I didn't have to wait for the story to start, I just jumped right into the action.  There were many moments when I just didn't know how Ember was going to get out of her current predicament (but knowing there are two sequels I figured that somehow she would manage) and read this book almost straight through without any breaks (only took one break from it actually, that is how good it is). While I wouldn't completely compare it to The Hunger Games there are quite a few similarities: survival, the need to protect family, finding out that the world is an even scarier place than originally imagined are just a few. But I felt that the characters in Article 5 are much stronger and that the pacing was better. I look forward to reading the rest of the series! Simmons has a winner with this book!



Happy Reading!
-Melly

And Happy Valentine's Day too! If you are looking for a lovey-dovey book for today, I don't recommend this one. I don't read many romances so I'm not the best to suggest them. But for me books=love!

http://www.hdwallpaperstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/love-books-hearts-HD-Wallpapers1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...