*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Monday, December 23, 2013

"Takedown Twenty" by Janet Evanovich

There comes a point in many book series where enough is enough they should really stop the series while they're still ahead. Some series do this, but some keep going and each subsequent book just gets worst. Thankfully the Stephanie Plum books are still great and Takedown Twenty is just as good as the rest of the series. Janet Evanovich does stick to a pretty standard set of plot points; Stephanie is in over her head, still can't fully chose between Morelli and Ranger, still has a crazy but lovable family, will have some sort of car/gun/apartment problem and she and Lula will eat a lot of food. Sure they are kind of predictable, but I think that is part of their charm.

This time around, Stephanie is trying to track down "Uncle Sammy" but no one in Trenton is very helpful when it comes to the arrest of this beloved resident. She is also trying to find the connection between a string of murders that all result in older women being left in dumpsters. On top of this, there is a giraffe on the loose, but it seems that she and Lula are the only ones that run into him (and Lula names him Kevin, my favorite part of this book). Needless to say, this book is just as zany as the rest of the series.

I know some fans aren't as into these books like they used to be, but I am happy to say that I am still enjoying myself. I loved every bit of this book and am really looking forward to Twenty-One!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...