*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Dare You To" by Katie McGarry

Katie McGarry is back, only this time the story is told from the perspectives of Beth and Ryan. While I liked  Pushing the Limit alright, I wasn't super crazy about it. When Dare You To came in at the library, I checked it out, but it was more from a place of always feeling the need to finish series than anything else. I am really glad I picked this book up. I was so much more engaged in this book and in Beth and Ryan story (especially Beth's) than I was in Echo and Noah's.

Beth can't let anyone know what is actually going on in her life. Her mother is on probation and has a horribly abusive boyfriend, but Beth is still going to do whatever it takes to keep her mother out of jail, even if it means taking the blame for her mother's mistakes- which leads to Beth's uncle taking custody of her. Ryan meets Beth when his friends dare him to ask a random girl at Taco Bell for her phone number. She turns him down but their lives are destined to intertwine once again. Soon Beth starts going to school with Ryan and he continues to try and win the dare which leads to their turbulent love story.

I am so glad that I decided to give this book a read. Before reading it, I wasn't looking forward to the rest of this series, but not I am kind of anxious for more books by McGarry, especially Crash Into You (so many books, so little time). This is one book you won't want to miss!




Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...