*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

"Saving Mr. Banks" Movie Review

Since I first heart about Saving Mr. Banks, I just knew that I had to see it. I absolutely love the Mary Poppins movie and I also love biographies and biopics, so this seemed like the perfect movie for me, and it was. I honestly didn't know much about the development of Mary Poppins. I have read the first book and (of course) seen the film, but that's about where my knowledge ended. However, Saving Mr. Banks has certainly caught my interest and I can't wait to read Mary Poppins, She Wrote

I thought this movie is just wonderful. The acting is great and I think everyone did a great job in capturing the people they play. Even though I obviously knew that the Mary Poppins film would be made, this story was so convincing that there were times that I couldn't help but wonder if Travers would ever give in and allow Disney to make her book into a film. I also enjoyed how the elements of Travers' childhood were incorporated into this film. As someone who knew nothing about the life of P.L. Travers, I found this part particularly interesting as we found out what inspired her and how the world and characters of Mary Poppins came to be.

I feel like it's been awhile since there's been a movie that I have genuinely been excited to see and even longer since I left the movie theatre just as excited about the film I had just watched.  Saving Mr. Banks managed to do both for me. I will definitely be getting this movie when it comes out on DVD and will likely watch it often. I think it is the best film I have seen this year and highly recommend it to those that love Mary Poppins (both the book and the film), to those that love a good story, and to those that just want to see a good movie.



Happy Viewing!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...