*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm Bored" by Michael Ian Black, illustrated by Debbie Ridpath Ohi

Well, this is one of the best children's books I have read this year- too funny!  Michael Ian Black's I'm Bored (illustrated by Debbie Ridpth Ohi), starts with a little girl facing a very boring day.  And then she finds a potato.  The girl then sets out to convince the potato that kids are not boring, but really are tons of fun.  Oh yeah, there's also a flamingo.

I giggled quite a bit while reading this book.  There are moments that are completely random but it also has a great message.  There is plenty to do when you are bored- from pretending to be a singer to putting on an imaginary ballet.  I really can't wait for the opportunity to get to read this book out loud.  I'm not sure if most kids will laugh at this book as much as I did but I do think they will enjoy the various way the girl entertains herself and thinking about the ways they have fun.




Happy Reading
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...