*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Press Here" by Hervé Tullet

This is the perfect children's book!  Hervé Tullet's Press Here is a picture book that completely captures the imagination of those both young and old.  It starts off with a white page that is blank except for one yellow dot and the instructions "Press here."  With the turn of each page the dot grows in number, changes color, location and even size- all with the help of the reader!  I love this book because it works great both one on one or with a big group.  I have used this book with a group of elementary students and instead of doing the reading and actions myself, I have found that it works great as an activity and let the kids "press here."  Even though this is just a book (not an iPad or other piece of technology) it still captivates the reader on an interactive level like I have never seen before.  It's also great for kids learning their colors and learning to count.  It's the kind of book that I want to own for myself and want to use every time I read books to kids.




Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...