*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sandstone's Production of "Fiddler on the Roof"

Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a local production of Fiddler on the Roof.  Very early into the show I realized that my only experience from this play is one episode of Gilmore Girls (yes, I realize that's really pathetic) so I was glad to finally be able to say that I now know this wonderful story.


The show is taking place at the Lions Wilderness Park in Farmington, New Mexico.  It's an outdoor theatre and proves to be quite the experience.  For a period, we were worried the show would be rained out thanks to solid downpour that started right before showtime.  Thankfully the storm cleared and the show began.  With the exception of a cricket that refused to chirp in time or in tune the show was wonderful!  I highly encourage that anyone in the area take an evening and check it out.  The show runs Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights through August 4th and start at 8pm.

*Please note this is not my footage, but is instead from the local newspaper. :-)

I find myself pretty lucky to live in a community that offers so many wonderful events.  Too often I hear that there is "nothing to do" here.  I don't know where the people that say this live as there is almost always something going on that I want to attend (and if there isn't, then I'll just read a book).  I am always excited to attend (and take part in) the theatre events in Farmington hope that others feel the same.



Happy Theatre Going!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...