*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Here Comes the Big Mean Dust Bunny" By Jan Thomas


I LOVE THIS BOOK!  Though I am not that great at reading aloud or doing voices for characters, this is one of those books that I must do both every time I read it.   It is a favorite of mine to read to children (and adults if there are no kids around).  Here Comes the Big Mean Dust Bunny tells the story of Ed, Ned, Ted, and Bob who are being bullied by The Big Mean Dust Bunny.  It involves a lot of rhyming- great for a simple lesson on the subject (for instance: Ed, Ned, and Ted sound alike, but Bob doesn’t.  Kids will eat this sort of thing right up) as well as addressing how to be nice to other people.  Even though I am in my twenties, I giggle like crazy right along with the kids as I read this book.  Thomas’ writing is absolutely wonderful and a must-have for any house with children.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...