*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Scott Pilgrim" by Bryan Lee O'Malley



Here’s something you need to know about me.  I have been known to yell at a movie, “that didn’t happen in the book!”  Ok, so that only happened once, but staying faithful to the book tends to be very important to me.  There is the occasion movie that I feel does the book justice and my love for the movie is tied for my love with the book.  But I never like the movie more than I like the book.  That is, until Scott Pilgrim.  I am absolutely obsessed with this movie, but not so much with the book series.

Now don’t get me wrong.  I respect the books completely.  I am not a graphic novel reader.  I read one occasionally, but they are just not for me. Bryan Lee O'Malley's series has been one of the few that I have really enjoyed and greedily lapped up.  The storyline is unique and plays out nicely.  I adore the characters and enjoy the little jokes scattered throughout.  When it comes to recommending books, I try to stick with the genres that I am comfortable with, mainly YA.  But this is a series (and movie) that I recommend that everyone gives a try!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...