*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

"This Doesn't Happen in the Movies" By Renee Pawlish

I have never really read a detective novel, nor have I seen a detective movie (unless you count Who Framed Roger Rabbit, which I don't) so reading Renée Pawlish's This Doesn't Happen in the Movies was a new experience for me.  Reed Ferguson could barely be called a detective.  Sure, he has a extensive knowledge of the plots and actors in old private eye films, but does he really have what it takes to solve a high profile crime?  When Amanda Ghering, a slightly over the top rich socilite, comes to Reed asking him to investigate the death of her husband, he finally gets a taste of what it really means to be a detective.  It turns out that there is far more involved with this case than Amanda initially let on which results in Reed finding himself in more danger than he could have ever imagined.

It is clear that Pawlish knows a thing or two about detective novels.  Reed is just the right amounts of blundering idiot and absolutely brilliant (or at least knows how to get the brilliant people to give him a hand in his investigation).  I can't say that I now I have a sudden thirst for books in this genre, but I can honestly say that my first taste of detective novels was a pleasant one.


Read more about Reed in Reel Estate Rip-off!

Find Pawlish on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice review, and I'm glad it was a pleasant read for you. And I appreciate you stepping out of your usual genre to give this a try. I will be sharing this :)
    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...