*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Monday, January 9, 2012

"Crossed" by Ally Condie

I am LOVING the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie!  I powered through Crossed, the second book in the trilogy (Book #3 will be released later this year) and still couldn't get enough.  Cassia and Ky have one common goal- to find each other again.  If you have read Matched (and if you haven't, then you definitely should) then you know that the two are seperated from each other- Ky sent to the Outer Provinces and Cassia risking everything in hopes of one day being reunited with him.  Crossed picks up the story wonderfully!  We find out that there is more in the outside world than our main characters ever could have imagined.

This time, we get a look at Ky's side of the story with chapters alternating from his and Cassia's point of view (how I am hoping that Book #3 will have chapters through Xander's eyes!).  I did feel that the novel progressed a bit too slowly, but this left room for a lot of build up to the conclusion of the series.  This is the first book I was able to cross off my reading list for the year and it has left me thirsting for more!

Find out more on Facebook and Twitter as well as the Matched website!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...