*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

"Big Nate: In a Class by Himself" by Lincoln Peirce

I choose to read this book after writing my review of Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  I didn't realize that I was missing out another fun and funny book!  Big Nate: In a Class By Himself (written in a similar style as the Wimpy Kid books) gives the day in the life as Nate rushes to get out of a social studies test that never comes (and in his rush leaves home with a nearly empty stomach, and no lunch) and  find a way to make his fortune of "today you will surpass all others" come true.  Instead, he finds a way to make every single one of his teachers angry, landing him with a detention each period.


I am nearly certain that Wimpy Kid fans will love Big Nate (and vice versa).  This book was a very quick and easy read but I had a great time with it.  The only let down is that I checked out Big Nate: Strikes Again, but did not bring it with me tonight.  So now I have yet another book I am anxiously waiting to read.  However, I only have to wait a few hours, which gives me little to complain about.  I will definitely be suggesting this book series to everyone!


Happy Reading
-Melly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...