*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, August 19, 2011

“Lust” by Mike Wells


a Series by
Book 1

This book was a surprising treat.  I read it straight through in one night and was left slightly frustrated at the end, only for the reason that it ends on a cliffhanger and I currently don't have home internet access nor is anywhere with free wi-fi open at the moment.  Because of this, I am stuck waiting to find out what will happen, something I hate doing.

The story follows Elaine Brogan, a young girl beloved by her father.  As she is growing up, her father Patrick does everything he possibly can to provide for his daughter- including stealing from his construction sites to pay for Elaine's school tuition.  The plot progresses and we witness Elaine's interest in a modeling career, her father's arrest and suicide, and her attempts to join the Secret Service. 

While reading, I had no clue where the plot was going to take me.  However, I was anxious to get there.  I was on the edge of my seat (figuratively of course as the majority of my reading took place while I was laying on the floor) and was quite frustrated that the book ends with no closure but instead a note telling readers: “(End of Book 1 – to be continued).”  Naturally I am dying to get my hands on a copy of Book 2, Money and find out what will happen next.  This book has a little something for everyone, murder, conspiracy, romance, suspense.  I can only recommend, that if you read it, you make sure you have the capability to download book 2 immediately if you liked Lust.  

And check out Mike Wells on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...