*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Monday, August 29, 2011

100 Blogfest! from Martin King

When I was seven years old I went shopping with my mum, my sister and my grandma and grandad.
My mum couldn’t drive so our grandparents took us most places.

This particular day we went to the Asda store (Wal-Mart in the States) in Colne which was about ten
miles from my home – not really relevant, but just thought I would set the scene.

So on this particular day I had been allowed to go round the store with my grandma. We went to the
toy section and I remember being wowed by a toy helicopter called the whirlybird. They had one on
demo that went round and round – to be fair that is all it did, but it was pretty impressive back then.

When we had finished and was heading back towards the checkouts, I saw my mum at the other side
of the aisle. I was so excited to see my mum and I ran towards her. In between the checkout aisle
which wasn’t in use, they had a sagging chain.

But that was no problem for a super athlete like me. I hurdled it with ease. But just as I cleared it my
trailing foot caught the chain. I spun round in midair and landed on my face, smashing my nose in
the process. That was the only time I ever broke a bone until I was about twenty five.

These blogs are all about fun and sharing. Thank you for reading a ‘#100blogfest’ blog. Please follow
this link to find the next blog in the series.

1 comment:

  1. Great #100blogfest post! I hope you had an awesome weekend!

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...