*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

"Isla and the Happily Ever After" by Stephanie Perkins

She's here! I have been anxiously awaiting Isla and the Happily Ever After's release (as with a good chunk of the rest of YA Fandoms out there) and I am so happy to have finally read this book. This isn't going to be much of a review as I thought that it was very close to perfect, but I am going to try my best.

Isla lives in Manhatten but goes to school in Paris. She is pretty content with her dual lives. During Summer Vacation, she runs Josh, a boy that also attends her school and the boy she has been secretly admiring for years. She ends up making a fool out of herself, but when they meet up again at the beginning of the school year, a friendship begins to develop and escalate into more than a friendship. Over the course of this book, we see their relationship evolve and how their love begins to test all bounds. And yes, we get to see Anna and Lola again too (and yes, I squeed, and that is not something that I do very often).

Alright, I am totally biased about this book. I loved the first two in the series and found next to nothing to complain about in this one. If anything, my only complaint is that Anna and Lola felt a tab bit shoe-horned into the book, but as we knew they would make an apperance, I can be okay with it. Basically, if you are already a fan of the series, you are going to be right at home with Isla and Josh and you will love Stephanie Perkins even more than before.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...