*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

"Losing It" Edited by Keith Gray

More often then not, I am not really a fan of compilations of short stories. I much prefer when a novel is devoted to a story, not just a few pages. Generally, I feel that I just don't get to spend enough time with the characters to get attached to their story. However, I sometimes comes across short stories that do captivate and keep my interest, without finding annoyance that I didn't get enough story. Losing It is one of those books that is a success.

Losing It tells several stories of "the first time." Each author approaches the topic in a different way, but all do so with integrity and without being crass. Obviously, this book is not intended for young readers, but teens and even adults can get a lot out of this book. It offers insight, perspective, and reinforces that everyone's first time is different and has it's own unique meaning for them and their situation. I must say, I highly recommend picking up this book and giving it a read.

Happy Reading!
-Melly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...