*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, March 14, 2014

"Max Goes to the Moon" by Jeffrey Bennett


Max Goes to the Moon is a fun book about a dog that gets sent to the moon, but it provides so much more. Each page also has a section dedicated to some bit of science involving space or space exploration. Not only will kids learn what it would take to send a dog to the moon, they can also learn about things such as the phases of the moon. This book is a work of fiction (sadly, I kind of doubt there are any plans to send the real Max to the moon any time soon), but it does really open one's eyes to the power of the voice of children. The children in this story become so inspired by Max's story that they begin a project that leads to the colonization of the moon. This inspires other children to work their hardest so that they may one day get to attend college on the moon. What a great way to inspire real children to develop an interest and lover for science!
The more I think about this book, the more I love it. Jeffrey Bennett captured my imagination so I know this book will appeal to kids too. I'm sure more than one that has read this book is trying to figure out how they can send their own dog (and probably themselves) to the moon. I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series and finding out more about the other places Max visits.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...