*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Interview with Author Gail Wagner

*Part of my Local Author Spotlight!*
What/who has influenced your writing?
I read a lot so I have several authors that inspired me to write: Brandon Mull, J.K. Rowling, Cassandra Clare and Stephenie Meyer.  My oldest sister was a big influence as well.  She was the one who wanted to be an author.  She actually threatened to murder me if I ever got published before her.  J  She passed away in 2007. 

Do you have a writing schedule that you follow?  Can you tell us about it (or why you don't)?
Not really, I write whenever the mood strikes (morning, evening, middle of the night)…usually middle of the night!  I do try to write daily.

What do you listen to when you write?
A little bit of everything!  Usually my Paramore or “Never Saw Blue” stations on Pandora.  I listened to a lot of Celtic music while I was writing Army of Sorrow.

What do you do beside write?
I’m a mom with three kids so that takes a lot of my time.  I also sew, which I used to do professionally. I like to dabble in home decorating, DIY projects and jewelry design.  You might say I’m a Jill of all trades. I get bored easily so I have to have about twenty things going on at the same time.  I drive my husband nuts!
 
Do places you visit pop up in your writing?  How so?
Sometimes.  I like to use places I’m familiar with but a lot of my stories happen in places I’ve never been…the google becomes my best friend!  J I put a café I visited in Albuquerque in my latest book. 

Can you tell us about any of your upcoming books?
Right now I’m finishing up edits on a book called Curiosity Killed the Crowthat is set here in New Mexico.  It’s about a girl who comes here for a summer program and accidently becomes involved in an ancient Native American battle.
I’m also working on book two and three of my Donegal Sidhe series.  As well as the sequel to another book I have on Wattpad called Dream Walkers. Dream Walkers is about a girl who learns she can manipulate the dream world after she falls in love with a boy she meets there.

What are you currently reading?
Inheritence by Christopher Paolini and Athena’s Mark by Rick Riordan.  I just finished Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...