*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Interview with Author Brit Ward (aka WC Briton)

*Part of my Local Author Spotlight!*

What/who has influenced your writing? 
Generally, people as a whole have influenced my writing. Even as a child, I would find myself observing people and looking at their tendencies. 

Do you have a writing schedule that you follow? Can you tell us about it (or why you don't)? 
I don't have a very strict writing schedule. I mostly revise or brainstorm in the morning, sometimes creating character concepts. As the day progresses is when I start outlining and actually writing the stories.

Where do you write best? 
Anywhere I can isolate myself. I've found headphones and music really help with that. 

What do you listen to when you write? 
Mostly movie soundtracks and scores. However, I've been listening to a lot of the Chromatics lately.

What do you do beside write? 
Filmmaking. And more writing. 

Do places you visit pop up in your writing? How so? 
Occasionally, but generally they appear in concept and not in a literal sense. I usually use places I've been to as inspiration and create fictional environments based on those places. 

Which piece are you the most proud of (doesn't have to be something you have published)? 
The story I just finished. I find something of pride in everything I've written. Unfortunately, I also find problems with everything I've written. 

Do you have a favorite book you have written? Which book is it and why? 
It's hard for me to pick favorites. It's like picking favorite children; it just doesn't really work. 

Can you tell us about any of your upcoming books? 
Screenwriting for now, though I'm finishing the synopsis for an upcoming young adult book that might be a bit more ambitious in terms of story scale than I usually attempt.

Blog
Facebook
Youtube
The Brimm-Stone Chapter Book Trailer
The Brimm-Stone Chapter
"Piggy"

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...