*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Claudia


I find it interesting that when I was first getting really into The Baby-Sitters Club series, I felt that either Kristy or Abby were my favorite of the girls.  This was also during the period of my life where I thought I was like both of them because I thought I loved sports.  I realize now that I liked playing soccer and wall-ball at recess and enjoyed watching the Connie Mack World Series.  This did not make me an athletic person.  So my connection to Kristy and Abby wasn't really there.  As I've making my way through the books, it occurred to me that the books I remember re-reading the most were about Claudia.  Without realizing it, I think she had become my favorite of the characters.  I constantly re-read Claudia and the Genius of Elm Street, Claudia Kishi, Live from WSTO!, and Claudia and the World's Cutest Baby.  I loved reading about her various art projects (her junk food art show was amazing!) and her wacky outfits. I think that Claudia and the Clue in the Photograph even partially encouraged my love for photography.  I remember using my camera quite a bit after reading that book for the first time.  I think the closest I came as a kid to realizing that she was probably my favorite character was the year I dressed as Claudia for Halloween (I seriously think that is the only year I don't have a photo to document my costume), but that was because I didn't think people would get it if I dressed as Kristy.  It will certainly be interesting to see if I continue to stick with Claudia or if I begin to relate one of the other characters instead.




Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...