*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Chain Reaction" by Simone Elkeles

I'm sad that the Perfect Chemistry series has come to a close, but very pleased with how it ended.  I waited a few weeks before reading this book (partially because I wasn't quite ready for the series to end and partially because I couldn't find a copy locally-turns out it was not in the Teen section, but instead in the Fiction section under 'S'...but I digress) so my only complaint is that I put off reading such a great book!

Chain Reaction is the third novel in Simone Elkeles' Perfect Chemistry series and follows the youngest Fuentes brother, Luis.  Told in alternating chapters from the point of view of Luis and his love interest Nikki and just like in the first two books, an unlikely relationship forms between the two teens (but we already knew that was going to happen, right?).  But nothing in life is ever easy and Luis, like his brothers, gets caught up in circumstances beyond his control that threatens his relationship with Nikki and his family.  I don't want to give too much away, but this book is wonderful!  It is clear that Simone Elkeles does her research and does everything to write the best book possible.  I am always glued to my seat and can barely stop reading down until I have finished.  I am so glad that I've come across Elkeles' books and feel that they are a must read for YA lovers!

Perfect Chemistry Book Trailer


Rules of Attraction Book Trailer


Chain Reaction Book Trailer


Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...