*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, January 31, 2020

"Queen of Babble" series by Meg Cabot

Lizzie Nichols can't keep a secret to save her life. Now she's graduated from college and is ready to start her new life pursuing her lifelong dream of...refurbishing old wedding dresses? The only thing is, she can't seem to keep her mouth shut long enough not to screw it up...or ruin her relationship with dreamy Jean-Luc. What's a girl with a big mouth, but an equally big heart, to do?

I have a weird relationship with many of Meg Cabot's books that are written for adults. Because I was in my late tween/early teen years, when I first started reading her books, many of her books didn't appeal to me yet. I could relate to the teenage characters in her books, but not to the twenty-somethings.  Because of this, there are still several of her books that I have put off reading. In a way, this is nice, because it gives me something to look forward to. I recently powered through the Queen of Babble series. I could not get enough of Lizzie and was a bit bummed that there are only three books in the series. Lizzie is funny and a bit chaotic. You're never quite sure what situation she is going to get into next. Throughout the three novels, we see her relationships, friendships, travels, jobs, and apartments. While these don't seem like the kinds of things that would be funny, Meg Cabot makes them hilarious.

A lot happens over the course of these three books. Lizzie's life turns upside down more than once, from traveling to France, falling in love, and changing careers. While the plots are not heavy, they are fairly compelling and quite fun. I enjoyed my time spent with Lizzie and this is exactly the kind of series that I will want to visit more than once. As a general rule, I don't read many books with heavy content. I like the kind of book that I can pick up at the end of the day and just have fun reading. The Queen of Babble series fits that requirement perfectly. I see this book appealing to fans of Emily Giffin or Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...