*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Monday, November 10, 2014

"Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul" by Jeff Kinney

I must say, before I began this book, I wondered if Jeff Kinney might be running out of steam after so many Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Thankfully, the answer to this is no, and The Long Haul is my favorite yet! I read this book in a waiting room while waiting for my boyfriend. I got some strange looks because I kept giggling out loud- but I couldn't help it. Greg and his family get into so many crazy scenarios I just could not contain the laughter.

Greg's family is hitting the road after his mom sees an article about how it can bond their family. While this may work for some families, it doesn't quite work out as planned for the Heffley's. Just a few of their encounters include: hauling a boat becuase it's more cost effective than an RV or a trailer, an empty swimming pool, and some angry seagulls. And Manny wins a pig, which ends up going along for the ride. Without a doubt, this is one trip Greg will never forget.

Those that are already a fan of the series will enjoy this book. Something I like about these books is that readers can somewhat get away with reading the books out of order or by skipping around. While there are some references that will be missed, they are structured so that each book is not entirely dependant on the others. When I was a kid, I liked when I could skip around in a series without missing out on too much. Now that I have finished this book, I am once again looking forward to the next in the series and anything else Jeff Kinney decides to write.



Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...