*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

"Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions" by Vicki Myron

 Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World was one of the last books I read before starting this blog. Though I loved it, I didn't review it. But I am pleased to review Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions. To give brief back story, Dewey the cat was abandoned in a library book drop during an awful winter. Vicki Myron found him and nursed him back to help. He was adopted by the library and brought happiness to its patrons for the rest of his life. Dewey's Nine Lives has stories from others that were impacted by Dewey (stories that Myron was not aware of until after her first book was published) and other stories of those that have had their lives changed by the presence of cats.

I thought this book was excellent. Though the writing style was a little weak and I thought that Myron sometimes went off on tangents a little too often, the stories themselves are very touching and heartwarming. Those that don't have a soft spot for cats are obviously not going to get much out of this book, and probably won't enjoy much about it, cat owners and lovers will enjoy this read quite a bit. While I do recommend reading Dewey before reading Dewey's Nine Lives, it's not absolutely necessary, but if you like one you will almost certainly like the other. Thank you Myron for recording these beautiful stories!


Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...