*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"I Spy Fly Guy!" by Tedd Arnold

In I Spy Fly Guy, I met Fly Guy and Buzz, two good friends that like to play hide and seek. They are having a great time until Fly Guy hides in the garbage can (like he always does) right before the garbage man comes by and tosses the contents of said can into his garbage truck. Buzz races to the local dump to save his friend, but there is a problem. There are a lot of flies at the dump. Will he ever find Fly Guy?

Something I really liked about this book was that it had chapters. Sure, these chapters are incredibly short, but I think that it's a good confidence booster for beginning readers. I have seen the Fly Guy books in the library for years and know that they are popular enough to often be checked out. Since I am doing a picture book challenge this year, I figured it was as good a time as any to finally give these books a read. I found the book really enjoyable and quite funny. I can see kids getting a kick out of the adventures of Fly Guy and Buzz. Since I hear so much about boys not reading, I always feel the need to point out when I find a book that I think will appeal to boys- so here's another one! Plus it has a shiny cover, which also seems to attract kids attention (I actually had a kid come into the library and she refused to look at any books unless they had a shiny cover. Thank you Rainbow Fish for coming to my rescue on that one). I really did enjoy myself while reading this book and am looking forward to the next Tedd Arnold book!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...