*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Monday, January 20, 2014

"Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great" by Bob Shea

This book was just too great! Bob Shea has really got a winner of a book with Unicorn Things He's Pretty Great. Goat is jealous of Unicorn. Unicorn is so great and so popular, what a poor goat to do? Goat just can't compete with Unicorn's talent and flash. But it turns everything isn't what it seems and Goat finds out that Unicorn is kind of jealous of Goat. If the two team up, they would be unstoppable!

Yes, I read this book because it has an amazing title and the cover had sparkles on it (guilty of picking up books because of their covers). But this book is so much more than just a great title and cover! It is funny and really hammers home the message that everyone is special in their own way. It seems like every couple years I come across a children's book that I feel everyone must own (some of these titles include: Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, and Press Here) and I have found yet another book to add to that list. This is one of those books that I actually hope ends up with a sequel or two. Pick this book up as soon as you can, you won't regret it!



Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...