*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, December 20, 2013

"Two Boys Kissing" by David Levithan

Two Boys Kissing
I wish I could somehow get into David Levithan's head and see how he comes up with how he is going to write his books. Two Boys Kissing focuses are many boys and their lives, but the title references Harry and Craig, two boys that are no longer together, but who have decided to break the world record for longest kiss. The rest of the characters are intertwined into their story in such a beautiful way. My favorite part of this book is the way it is told, as posted on the Goodreads description, "all of which is narrated by a Greek Chorus of the generation of gay men lost to AIDS." It's brilliant. I had read the description of the book so I knew that it was told in an nontraditional way, but I didn't understand it what it meant until I read the book. 

This book was great. Levithan really gets into the heads of each of these boys and I felt like I could know each of them. The story that captivated me the most was Cooper's. With each passage, my heart broke for him. I have read quite a bit by Levithan (though, sadly, not everything) but this could just be his most brilliant book yet. An absolute must read!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...