*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"The Caterpillar Princess" by Dominic and Hannah Tuttle

*Part of my Local Author Spotlight!*

Years ago, my buddy Dominic and I sat outside our local Dairy Queen and one of our conversations involved him one day illustrating a children's book. Needless to say, I was very excited when I got to own The Caterpillar Princess, the first book written by my friend and his lovely wife, Hannah.

The Caterpillar Princess is not your typical children's book. The illustrations are unique, the story uplifting, and the overall message is wonderful. The Caterpillar Princess wants nothing more than to go on adventures like her brother, the Prince. But her father wants to keep his daughter safe so she must stay in her room in the castle. Finally she just can't take it anymore and takes off on her own. Naturally, trouble awaits her. Will everything work out for the Princess?

I really like the message of this book. The Caterpillar Princess learns a lot including how to treat others and about being true to oneself. This is a great book for young girls and I look forward to more in the Fingerprint Stories series.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...