*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Monday, August 26, 2013

"Keeping You a Secret" by Julie Anne Peters

Every time I read one of Peters' books, I'm reminded by how great of a writer she is.  Holland pretty much has it made.  Great boyfriend, president of the student council, and a job she loves.  Her life is somewhat stressful as it's her senior year and she has a lot on her plate with school and college applications, but everything should be manageable, that is, until Cece enters the picture.  It's not a surprise that Holland begins to fall for Cece and isn't quite sure what to do about it (the title should give you some clue as to how the situation is handled).

I really enjoyed this book.  The characters felt so real and it was easy to feel for Holland and her less than pleasant situation.  There were times that I cheered for her and times that wanted to smack the people surrounding her.  There's a part of me that is angry at myself for not plowing through Peters' books.  However, there is a certain thrill knowing that there are still three or four books sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be devoured.

If you have yet to read something by Peters, you are truly missing out.  So far, everything I have read has been an absolute winner!

Happy Reading
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...