*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Rapunzel Untangled" by Cindy C. Bennett


I wanted to like this book, I really did.  This was a fairy tale that  I had yet to read in a modernized format.  Sadly, that didn't make it good.  In Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy C. Bennett, Rapunzel has never left her tower.  Her mother has kept her locked away due to SCIDS disease and Rapunzel can't risk her health.  But she longs for companionship which she finally finds when she makes her first facebook friend, Fane.  Of course he introduces Rapunzel to many of the world's wonders and she begins to risk everything for more life experiences.  She's careful, but what happens when she gets caught?

Only one word describe this book for me: convenient   Everything just falls perfectly into place every time   There is no real conflict until the end of he novel and even that felt forced and awkward.  I felt like I was reading waiting for the plot to get started but that didn't really happen.  There were elements of the book that were really sweet and I could certainly see girls swooning over Fane, but I wanted a little more from this book.  If you are looking for a relatively calm, modernized fairy tale, then you will likely enjoy this book.  However, if you are like me and getting a little tired of fairy tale re-tellings and not into books with weak plots, then maybe skip this book in favor of something else.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...