*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody

This was really a fun read.  Tired of his only daughter's crazy celebrity antics, Lexington Larrabee's father has just sentenced her to the worst punishment ever- she has to work a new minimum-wage job every week.  Her days now consist of things like working in a taco joint and delivering flowers.  When she tries to run off with her friends to Las Vegas, she finds that her father is several steps ahead of her and has cut off her credit cards and transportation.  Not only is that bad, but if she doesn't follow-through with the jobs, she will not receive her trust fund.   So every week, she begrudgingly enters a new position in the workforce and reports what she learns to her father's newest intern, Luke. I have to say, I really enjoyed this book.  It was a little cheesy, but that is what I expected.  I liked that Brody made a point to answer questions like 'why can't Lexi just hop in the limo or get on a private jet?' or 'why doesn't she just sneak away from the job?'  I didn't notice any glaring plot holes which was really nice. 

This isn't a complex read, but it was enjoyable.  I couldn't help laughing at the crazy things Lexi tries to get away with.  It had many elements that weren't so original (for instance, there were many similarities to Hilary and Haylie Duff's Material Girls) but when I expect that from a novel, it doesn't bother me.  I think that fans of books such as Confessions of Teenage Starlet and Secrets of My Hollywood Life will enjoy this book (and if you enjoyed 52 Reason pick up these two books).  And if you aren't into girly books about celebrities, I would suggest staying away from this one.



Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...