*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"The Moon Coin (The Moon Realm Series)" by Richard Due


Calling all fans of Brandon Mull's Fablehaven series- this a book for you!  The Moon Coin (The Moon Realm Series)  by Richard Due tells the story of Lily and Jasper.  The two of them love when their Uncle Ebb tells them stories from the Moon Realm- a place of fantasy and wonder that makes for wonderful storytelling.  As they get older, Lily and Jasper don't find these stories as important.  At least, not until they find themselves in the middle of one of these stories.  Turns out Uncle Ebb didn't have to use too much imagination when telling his niece and nephew these tales.  The two realize that the Moon Realm is a real place and it's up to Jasper and Lily to save the day. 

I am not a huge fan of fantasy.  I am not able to lose myself in the magic of a made up world.  I figure I will always be this way.  For this reason I struggled with this book a bit.  It had nothing to do with the characters or the plot.  I just have a flaw that involves not loving fantasy.  But this aside I did enjoy this book.  I certainly see that there is a market for this kind of writing.  As I was reading, there were several people I had in mind that I could recommend this book to.  Certainly fans of series such as
Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, and The Lord of the Rings will enjoy this series.  My only real complaint was that I was reading it on my kindle so I wasn't able to fully appreciate the art that appears at the beginning of each chapter.  I had the opportunity to post some of the art from  Carolyn Arcabascio on my blog and seeing it as a black and white image didn't even remotely bring it justice.  Since that's the only thing I'm complaining about, I think you can guess that you are in for a great read!

For a sneak peek of the novel, go
here!
And check out the sequel The Dragondain!

Happy Reading!

-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...