*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Amelia O'Donohue Is So Not a Virgin" by Helen Fitzgerald

I hate how disappointed I was in this novel.  I picked it up because of the title.  Surely something titled Amelia O'Donohue Is So Not a Virgin  is a comedy, right?  Far from it.  First, Amelia is not the main character.  I guess she could be considered the second most important character, but I felt that no one besides Rachel had any real point in the story.  Any character could have filled Amelia’s shoes and the reader wouldn’t have even noticed.  Second, the plot skipped around from topic to topic until the last few chapters when I realized that this was what the true plotline really was (hint, it has little to nothing to do with Amelia’s virginity).  Lastly, I felt that this could have been a GREAT story and when I realized that it was not, it was a major let-down.  Once the real plot of the story got going, I figured what was happening long before Rachel but found myself hoping that I would be wrong (I wasn’t).  I cannot recommend this book.  If you are considering picking this book up, get a copy of Effie Afaw’s After instead.

Happy Reading!

-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...