*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, January 13, 2012

"Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins

I hate to say it, but I was a little disapointed by Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay.  I guess after all the hype and my enthusiasm over The Hunger Games and  Catching Fire, I was expecting a grand, over-the-top, epic conclusion.  Unfortunately I felt that it fell a little flat.

Revolution is taking place in every corner of Panem.  Katniss has taken on the role of the Mockingjay, the face of the rebellion.  We still get to see Katniss' kick-butt attitude and fire, but I feel that her character isn't as strong this time around.  It seems that she spends a little bit too much time not doing anything to avenge the lives lost in District 12 and a little bit too much time being made up to be on television.

Even though I felt that this was a bit of a let-down after the amazingness of the first two books, it is still a worthy read.  There were moments that I found myself cheering for Katniss- especially during one particular scene at the end (I can't give it away, but it was awesome!).  And though this was not my favorite of the series, I still recommend it to readers.  It would be impossible to try to read the first two books and not finish the series.  I can almost guarantee that once you start this series, it will take only a matter of days to power through it.  It is a fast paced journey that you won't soon forget.



Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...