*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

"Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia" by Peggy Parish Illustrated by Lynn Sweat

I hate to say it, but I am really not an Amelia Bedelia fan. Even as a kid the fact that she took everything so literally bugged me. I wanted to see if I would like these books any more as an adult, but discovered that no, I did not.

In Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia, Amelia Bedelia has to get everything ready for the Christmas Eve celebration. She makes the date cake using dates from the calendar, decorates the Christmas tree using athletic balls and a mirror that says "See the Star" so that anyone looking at the tree will be the star on top (okay, that was actually cute) and has a group of girls named Carol greet Aunt Myra, because she likes carols. I remember rolling my eyes every time a teacher would read these books and couldn't help but wonder how Amelia Bedelia never got fired. But I know that I am not the norm and many kids love Amelia and her crazy antics. So don't judge based on my lack of love for Amelia, give these books a try, you may love her!

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...