*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

"The Saints" (Quarantine #2) by Lex Thomas

*You probably shouldn't read this unless you have either read The Loners or you are okay with spoilers.

While outside of my normal tastes, I rather enjoyed The Loners, so I was anxious to read The Saints. While I did enjoy it, I didn't care for it as much at the first book. However, it has left me crazy anxious to read the third and final in the series The Burnouts.

Things have changed for the students at McKinley High and not necessarily for the better. David has graduated and now Will and Lucy are on their own. The hierarchy of the school begins to change as a group of parents has taken it upon themselves to provide necessities for the abandoned teens (this is the very basic premise. Tons more happens, but I try so hard to avoid spoiling anything).

As a whole, this book didn't seem as dark as the first one which for me was nice, but in some ways I think that made the plot a little weak. I also really missed David's point of view from the story as Will isn't nearly as strong of a character. Overall though, the plot was very captivating and the right amount of suspense. Overall I see this series having more appeal for guys than for girls, but know that both genders can appreciate the writing too. The Lex Thomas team have really created an interesting scenario and I hope to see more books by this duo in the future.

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...