*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

"The Berenstain Bears and the Mama's Day Surprise" by Stan & Jan Berenstain

In The Berenstain Bears and the Mama's Day Surprise Mother's Day is fast approaching and Mama Bear has a pretty good idea that Papa and the cubs will be making her a special breakfast in bed. She busies herself making sure that all of the ingredients are available and pretending she has no idea what is planned. She knows that after her special breakfast, she will have to clean up the mess, but she also knows it's the thought that counts. However, what she doesn't know is that her family will actually manage to surprise her.

I saw some complaints because this book is told completely from the perspective of Mama Bear, but I kind of liked that. I think it gives some real insight as to what it's really like to be a mom, and how they are usually in the know about what the rest of their family is up to. I also like that Papa, Brother, and Sister still manage to surprise Mama even though she is certain that won't happen. I'm not sure if younger kids will enjoy this book as much, since it doesn't center on Brother and Sister, I think slightly older kids will enjoy it. I certainly think that it is an excellent book for kids to share with their mother.

Happy Mother's Day!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...