*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Friday, March 16, 2012

"Scary School" by Derek the Ghost

As a 90s kid, I grew up with Louis Sachar's Wayside School series.  It's a crazy, zany school where nothing quite makes sense, and therefore the unexpected is totally expected- and fun!  Scary School by Derek the Ghost is the crazy school for this generation (though I feel that young readers must read both books).  Now, I am not at all the demographic for this book (books that would highly appeal to elementary school aged boys clearly were not written for me) but I certainly can see the appeal.  Derek chronicles the daily lives of the students at Scary School, the first school that allows humans and monsters to study together.  Each chapter revolves around a different character (and I don’t just mean different as in the story focuses on someone new.  I also mean different as in these characters are far from normal) from this strange school.  Filled with fun illustrations, young readers will not want to put this book down and will finish wishing their school was a Scary School too.

coming out JUNE 26, 2012

Happy Reading!
-Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...